Being pregnant the 2nd time around, I knew that there were some things that were no brainers when it came to a newborn. Aside from the usual diapers, wipes, strollers, car seat, and bottles, you have to also think about the day to day functional things that just make sense to have no matter what. Whether a boy or a girl, these are staples that I highly recommend! I know some blog posts go into these long stories and rambling that makes you have to scroll to the bottom of the post to get to the REAL info, but THIS AINT THAT HONEY! Let’s dive in!
- Gripe Water – This stuff was amazing with my son, so I had to make sure it was on my registry for my daughter on the way. Whenever Mason had gas or hiccups, a dose of this would instantly make it go away. It relieves any digestion issues and calms their little tummies. Not to mention it is also safe and herbal with no added sugar, alcohol, artificial flavors or allergens. Mason would drink his milk pretty fast and cause bubbles at times. Mommies it is not a bad idea to keep a bottle in your cabinet. Never know when you may need it.
- Diaper Genie / Refills – Let’s be real. Newborns eat, sleep, and poop. The Genie is basically the trash can for diapers that contains the smell and keeps them all in one place for disposal. I have a 3 year old that is still navigating potty training, so this thing is the gift that keeps on giving. I did not have to buy another one. Just kept the 1st one for the next child. If you don’t already have this on your registry, add it now! You will thank me later when you realize poop smell is real lol.
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment – I keep a tube of this in the house at all times. It is very helpful with diaper rash or any irritation of the skin your baby experiences. I would apply this to Mason’s bottom for irritation and just skin in general when he had rashes and they would be gone fast! I also use for lip ointment from time to time if I am out without my chapstick but I have my diaper bag. We keep both a travel and regular size tube/jar. Apply when changing diapers faithfully in the beginning to prevent irritation too.
- Fridababy NoseFrida Snotsucker – I am so late to the party with this one. I just purchased this with my 3 year old when he had a runny nose. We just entered the daycare/school world, so you know the germs were coming on to the house. I used this to blow his nose and was so mad at myself for not having it sooner! This thing is so simple as far as usage but it truly gets everything out of those little noses! My baby girl will definitely be feeling this as well. Once you buy the applicator all you have to purchase in the future is the filters that keep the snot from going in your own mouth lol. You will not regret this at all!
- Wipes Warmer – I thought this was so bougie to keep wipes warm for a baby, but when I tell you it saved a lot of nights when that soothing wipe was used while changing diapers in the middle of the night. We keep our home at 70 degrees at night to sleep, and waking up and exposing them to that cold air just brings the tears of discomfort. I was gifted one with my 1st child and I added one to my registry for the 2nd (the first one broke after a year). I highly recommend having one for the first 6 months at least. Once you are moving and grooving and traveling with a baby there is no way to keep them warm on the move.
I hope this helps new mommies and mommies doing this newborn phase again in life. If you want to see other items I added to my registry, click here. I have really been very lax with this pregnancy this time around, and I have no regrets about it. I literally have not done much organizing or anything for baby girl on the way. She doesn’t even have a designated nursery yet cause we know she wont see her own room till next Summer at least! lol More to come folks! I still have to share my 2nd trimester now that I am in the 3rd…