Hey there! Mic check one two one two! Am I really a month in already!?! 8 week countdown has begun, and I am starting with a new fresh outlook on these gains and goals!! I’m not going to lie…this month has been filled with trial and error, snacking on the wrong stuff at the wrong time, snacking on the right stuff at the wrong time, and eating the right stuff in excess. But I mean…HEY…I’m learning here OK?!? Lol. Here are my progress pics for Week 4:
So, there wasn’t change in my weight at all…still a whopping 161.2 for some reason. I went to workout last night and got checked, schooled, put up on game, and some fire put under my hiney. My trainer was not the most pleased with my results…she said it comes down to this…You are not following your meal plan faithfully (guilty). Those snacks have been getting the best of me! Lawd! Let me tell yall about these almonds though! So, I have been grabbing a little handful as a snack in between meals every now and then eating them slow and sparingly as I was told. HA! Why did I hear yesterday that I was only supposed to be eating 7-10 almonds a day for a snack?!?!?! I’m over here eating that many in a handful 2-3 times a day! LMAO! Jesus be a pound or two off that scale. My trainer came at me like KELLI! You have 20 lbs to lose by April 1st! You need to be dropping 2-3 lbs a week from here on out. Some other observations from this week:
- Remember how I told yall how great Target Tilapia was last week?? Tell me why I been finding bones in some pieces this week!?! Fish so fresh yall couldn’t take the bones out completely? Almost cut my esophagus accidentally swallowing one smh (I bought another bag though lol)
- Sprints take a toll on my shins! I will be icing them once or twice a week to prevent shin splits (splints idk but it is all injuries that I don’t need lol)
- The science of this is literally down to the T! Weigh your food, measure your veggies, count your intake…I didn’t realize that you can have too much of a good thing with this competition prep. Needless to say, I will be using my food scale and measuring cups a little more seriously the remainder of these 8 weeks.
- Posing hurts! I played around and worked on posing with Figure ladies, and oh my goodness! Showing definition and hitting those poses just right will make you break out in a sweat! I was trying too hard to turn my waist just right where shoulders still show while also flexing every muscle…let’s just say ya girl got a ways to go on perfecting this! And this wasn’t even in the clear heels I have to wear at the actual competition. Yall say a prayer for me! Swimsuit, heels, and posing at the same darn time!
- Apple Cider Vinegar on everything is something that has to grow on me. The competition ladies have been telling me “Oh I put that on everything! Salad, cucumbers, it starts to taste good on everything when you are this limited on what you can eat.” Excuse me? Are we talking about the same strong ish I have to shoot with a splash of water twice a day?!? I’m going to try the cucumber and ACV for snacks this week and see if it gives me a new outlook cause that was one snack I was told I can eat as much as I want!
This leads to my new focus and “in the zone” mentality. Last night was a wakeup call that time is about to fly by and before I know it, it will be stage time! With that said, I made a commitment to myself that I will cut out this wasteful snacking. I am sticking to my meal plan to the T and hoping to show my trainer I am capable of the results she is expecting. She also changed the game on me for the next 4 weeks.
For the month of February:
- Those sprints that I thought were 3 times a week have been changed to 5 days a week! The only time I do not do sprints are my rest days Wednesday and Friday.
- Fasted Cardio is now 45 minutes 5 times a week AND an additional cardio session of 20 minutes in a light jog or incline walk. (That will teach me to eat a few chips or a miniature snicker)
- I am not a big fan of bananas…I think it’s the texture (slimy and soft), so I was told I can replace with 5 strawberries for breakfast! This is something I look forward to! Oh and April 2nd I will be partaking in some banana pudding with no bananas and tons of vanilla wafers! The anticipation is real!
- My actual workouts for the entire month will be the same on that isolated day. Basically every leg day is the same leg workouts, every upper body workout is the same upper body workout, and so on and so on. She is making us do repeat moves on the same muscles all month. Yesterday was the 1st upper body workout, and all I wanted to do was go to bed when I got home. My upper body strength is so sucky…I can’t wait to see what Im looking like come March 1st!
I will keep this post strictly on my progress and working out observations. I feel like giving yall a post on just how I’m juggling my career and these new time commitments for fitness. I get asked a lot on how I am managing all this and is it taking a toll on my sanity. Be on the lookout for my Kelz Korner on Career/Fitness Balance.
Thanks for reading!