Tomorrow is my 1st day back at work from this long holiday break (Thanks God for Deloitte and their 5 weeks of Paid Time Off a year). It has been nice to wake up and workout when I feel like it and meal prep when I feel like it, but now it’s time to get this schedule together. The next 4 weeks have been solidified as far as meal plan and workouts. My diet and meal plan will change again early February, and that will more than likely be more aggressive with less protein. Here goes my start up prep spill!
I sent these pics for my Day 1 progress!
I want to be transparent (no photoshop ALL me) so that you can see my transformation as I see it. I have to send progress pics every week to my trainer, so I will be sharing my progress here every week as well! Now keep in mind I had a GREAT holiday break and ate what I wanted seeing as I am about to be on a strict plan for 90 days. I weighed in at 168.8lbs, but I am down to a size 8 and muscle is definitely present because I saw 170 before working out and I was in a size 12.
Ok! So for Workout:
My workout regimen is as follows:
- Fasted cardio 5 times a week at 6am
- A lot of people have inquired about what is fasted cardio (I always post mine on my snapchat @kaywhy12 #shamelessplug). For those who are not familiar, Fasted Cardio is working out first thing in the morning before you eat. By doing this, you are attacking your fat storage rather than working off any carbs/sugars you eat throughout the day before workout. You see a huge difference in weight loss and a decrease in body fat doing this type of cardio instead of cardio at the end of the day after you have eaten. Of course, you aren’t trying to go too hard in the paint, I mean HELLO! You haven’t eaten! Lol Some types of cardio that I have done are a slight jog at speed of 4.0 on the treadmill for 45 minutes, walking at an incline of 15.0 and speed of 2.0 – 2.5 for 45 minutes (my fav!), or riding a stationary bike for 45 minutes doing intervals of 2:30 minutes sitting down at easy resistance and 30 seconds standing up at max resistance.
- Sculpted Goddess Athletics workouts 3 times a week at 7:30pm
- Fitchixx workout 1-2 times a week at 6:30pm during the week or 12pm on Saturday.
Basically, ya girl will be getting it in 2-3 times a day depending on the day and my workload. I know it looks like a lot…heck now that I am seeing it typed up it looks like a lot to me too! Lol! However, I have an amazing support group of women (SGA ladies) that are competing and a very supportive husband that wants to see me succeed. Who knows! My husband may even start getting up and hitting the gym with me in the mornings 🙂 Wishful thinking…
Next, Meal Plan:
This is probably the HARDEST part of this journey. I love to eat. Like LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat! If it were up to me, I would eat pasta and fried foods all day every day, but seeing as it was the main contributor to that size 12 I was rocking early 2016, I know now moderation is key. Anywho! For the next 4 weeks, I will mainly be consuming green veggies and fruit (well banana and oranges is on there too), sweet potatoes, brown rice, about 170 grams of protein, and a gallon of water a day. I am allowed a cheat meal (not day…meal) a week. It is about 5 meals a day with 2 protein shakes in between at some point of the day. My trainer wants to see how this works on my body for the 1st 4 weeks. Since I am only eating fish as a meat protein source (mainly tilapia or cod but I can have salmon as one of my meals in a day once a week), I got the option to put a scoop of protein powder in my oatmeal in the morning as a substitute for turkey sausage or meat with my breakfast, but it counts as one of my protein shakes. Basically every 3 hours I should be eating something or drinking water. Since I have been off work, it has been easy to eat and prep, but with work becoming a factor, I will have to stay on my water intake and eating consistently throughout the day. Yall know how it can get when you get consumed with a task and you look up and you haven’t eaten all day! Luckily, my team knows that I am preparing for competition and they are very supportive. So when they see me with all this Tupperware and water jugs, they know Kelz is focused! Lol
A general run down of my day:
- 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg
- Cup of spinach
- ½ cup of oatmeal (with scoop of protein powder)
- Piece of banana and a green apple
- Pre Lunch
- Tilapia or Cod
- ½ cup of brown rice
- 1 cup of black beans
- Tilapia or Cod
- ¼ of a sweet potato
- 4 asparagus spears
- Post Lunch
- Tilapia or Cod (you see the resemblance here lol)
- 1 cup of kale and cucumbers with apple cider vinegar
- Tilapia or Cod
- Salad with kale, spinach, and romaine lettuce
- Balsamic vinegar
- 4 mandarin oranges
- Extra virgin olive oil
Now what works for me may not be for everyone else, so I am not here to tell you that if you follow this diet you too can see results! Over the next 4 weeks, we will see what it does for me though! Here is my grocery list to get started!
Here is my protein powder and vitamins/supplements I am taking:
- BCAAs for energy in workouts and to help keep muscle I build while dropping fat
- Digestive Enzymes and Probiotic to aid in digestion and breaking down protein
- Prenatal Multivitamin
- Vitamin D3 to decrease the risk of breast cancer, help with your immune response, and give energy (Thanks Dr. Jackie @therealdrjackiewalters from Married to Medicine)
Alright! I think this covers it all! Stay tuned!!! Kelz is about to transform before your very eyes! Next post…what is Kelli doing with her hair while working out so much! You know it aint KelznCurlz without talking about the curls! 🙂